Date:      Thu, 26 Mar 1998 12:13:46 +0000
From:      nik@iii.co.uk
To:        jwlo@ms11.hinet.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help! Upgrade 2.2.6 from 2.2.5 problem.

On Thu, Mar 26, 1998 at 07:50:24PM +0800, Doug Lo wrote:
> Today I upgrade 2.2.5-RELEASE to 2.2.6-RELEASE, I recompile my kernel
> and then reboot, it appears the following error messages:

Did you just recompile the kernel, or did you

   a) Use a 2.2.6 boot floppy, and the "Upgrade" option

or

   b) Download the source code and use "make world"

If you didn't do one of these then you haven't fully updated the system.

Probably the simplest way for you to fix this is to download a new 2.2.6
boot floppy, boot from it and use the "Upgrade" option.

Work: nik@iii.co.uk                       | FreeBSD + Perl + Apache
Rest: nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk    | Remind me again why we need
Play: nik@freebsd.org                     | Microsoft?