Date:      Mon, 23 Oct 2000 11:39:32 +0200
From:      Siegbert Baude <siegbert.baude@gmx.de>
To:        Jason Neumann <lantech@gci.net>
Cc:        stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: More Audio 4.1.1

Hello Jason,

> I have had a long string of problems with 4.1.1 and audio support. As of
> this post, I have sources installed from last Sunday, October 15, 2000.
>
> When I initially installed 4.1.1-STABLE, I had audio but my machine
> spontaneously rebooted with a Fatal Trap 12. Upon investigation, someone
> pointed out that my AWE64 may have been the cause. I had these messages
> at startup:
>
> sa0: too many dependent configs (8)
> isa0: unexpected small tag 14

These messages are normal for an AWE64. Search the archives for an explanation.
The problem isnīt the AWE64. At least mine is working still fine after upgrading
to 4.1.1-Stable.

bash-2.04$ uname -a
FreeBSD mydomain.de 4.1.1-STABLE FreeBSD 4.1.1-STABLE #0: Thu Oct 19 02:38:07
CEST 2000     myname@mydomain.de:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MYKERNEL i386
bash-2.04$

Ciao
Siegbert