Date:      Sat, 22 Nov 1997 21:18:19 -0600
From:      auto100@ccusa.net (Mark Bott)
To:        auto100@ccusa.net
Subject:   Klaas Foundation 97-98 schedule

This is not a solicitation!!!  This is a notification intended for other Non-profits and business leaders from the father of Polly Klaas, Marc Klaas.  We doubt that there will be any additional contact from us, however if you would like to be removed from our list we will gladly do so.  Please put the comment remove only in the suject line and our software will remove you from our contact list.

History

During a slumber party in October of 1993, 12 year old Polly Hannah Klaas was abducted at knife-point from her Petaluma, California home. A mass distribution of over 2 billion images of Polly was sent worldwide. She had soon become a symbol of love and lost innocence.
The world froze one cold evening in December when the media reported that Polly, "America's Child," the beautiful girl with the warm brown eyes shown smiling in home videos for millions of TV viewers, was not found alive. The country was outraged. The public cried out for change in legislation and pro-action in crime prevention.

"Polly was faced with a choice few people ever have to make," said her father, Marc Klaas. "By putting herself in mortal danger to protect her family and friends, Polly has become my greatest teacher." Marc Klaas immediately dove into a campaign to put children higher on the national priority list. With no prior media, political or public speaking experience, he immediately became savvy in affecting pro-active legislation, and sought to advocate children's issues and speak out on crime prevention.

Mr. Klaas will be in the following regions the remainder of 1997 and the 1st five months of 1998.  If you want a copy of the times and dates of programs closest to your area, please put your city and state in the subject box and as soon as the information is available, you will receive a copy of the agenda in your area.

The programs in every area include a Town Hall Meeting and an automated fingerprint program for children with equipment that Mr. Klaas got from the Secret Service.  These machines fingerprint and photograph children with no film and no ink!!!!  Mr. Klaas is totally against data basing of children's names, so  the only record is handed to the parent.

What Mr. Klaas wants from other non profits and businesses.

1)  All programs are FREE to the public and your attendance is welcome.
2)  Mr. Klaas is looking for business and Non profit leaders to sit on the panel at the Town Meeting.
3)  You may be able to set up a display for your business or organization at the event.

Please follow the email instructions above to get the exact location nearest you.

Or contact Mr. Mark J. Bott, National Program Director@ 217-529-4174.

Month                                        Region
December 97                        Portland, Oregon
January 98                            California
February 98                           North Carolina-South Carolina-Georgia-Florida
March 98                               Minnesota-Wisconsin-Illinois-Indiana-Ohio
April 98                                  New York-NewJersey
May 98                                  Western US Arizona-New Mexico-Colorado-Nevada-Idaho-Wyoming

If you know of an interested sponsor in any area of the US, please let us know.

Thank you!!!!
The Klaas Foundation for Children