Date:      Thu, 8 Aug 96 15:52:51 EST
From:      M C Wong <mcw@hpato.aus.hp.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.FreeBSD.org (freebsd-questions@freefall.cdrom.com)
Subject:   Question about NFS

Hi,
    Just wonder if there is a way for one to query
the version of the NFS server and client transfer buffer size
easily ? I have run into problem when copying BIG files
from a system sometimes fails with 0 size or partial copy
only.

    There is no solid evidence if there is anything wrong
with the system (VxWorks) NFS client or if it is FreeBSD 2.1R
NFS server problem.

    What I want to avoid doing is to look at the FreeBSD
NFS server code to get the information of the window size
as it is a suspected culprit at this point. Is there any
low level hacks one get do get that info from both the
client and server ? Also, is there a way to query the NFS
server for its version number ?

   Thanks in advance.