Date:      Thu, 26 Mar 1998 15:38:47 +0300 (MSK)
From:      Varshavchick Alexander <alex@metrocom.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help! Upgrade 2.2.6 from 2.2.5 problem.

On Thu, 26 Mar 1998 nik@iii.co.uk wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 26, 1998 at 07:50:24PM +0800, Doug Lo wrote:
> > Today I upgrade 2.2.5-RELEASE to 2.2.6-RELEASE, I recompile my kernel
> > and then reboot, it appears the following error messages:
>
> Did you just recompile the kernel, or did you
>
>    a) Use a 2.2.6 boot floppy, and the "Upgrade" option
>
> or
>
>    b) Download the source code and use "make world"
>
> If you didn't do one of these then you haven't fully updated the system.

But what if things that were done were:

1. Change "Release name" in "Options" to 2.2.6.
2. "Upgrade" (without 2.2.6 boot floppy)
3. Recompile the kernel

In this case the system is fully updated too, I think. Or is it wrong?

Varshavchick Alexander, Metrocom Joint Stock Company
Phone: (812)118-3322, 314-8986(fax)