Date:      Wed, 05 Jul 2000 11:00:07 GMT
From:      mike@sentex.net (Mike Tancsa)
To:        steinyv@skyweb.net (steinyv)
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Intel EtherExpress Pro/100B

On 4 Jul 2000 21:47:28 -0400, in sentex.lists.freebsd.hardware you wrote:

>Hey all, I just received the critically acclaimed nics yesterday, I popped
>them in and it works.  I have 2 questions.  Is there a way to find out at
>what speed is the network working at (just to be sure that its at least
>near or at 100Mb).

ifconfig

e.g.
news# ifconfig -a | grep media
        media: autoselect (10baseT/UTP) status: active
        supported media: autoselect 100baseTX <full-duplex> 100baseTX
10baseT/UTP <full-duplex> 10baseT/UTP
        media: 10baseT/UTP <full-duplex> status: active
        supported media: autoselect 100baseTX <full-duplex> 100baseTX
10baseT/UTP <full-duplex> 10baseT/UTP
        media: autoselect (100baseTX <full-duplex>) status: active
        supported media: autoselect 100baseTX <full-duplex> 100baseTX
10baseT/UTP <full-duplex> 10baseT/UTP

Mike Tancsa  (mdtancsa@sentex.net)
Sentex Communications Corp,
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
"Given enough time, 100 monkeys on 100 routers
could setup a national IP network." (KDW2)