Date:      Sun, 7 Oct 2001 10:59:27 +0800
From:      Eugene Grosbein <eugen@grosbein.pp.ru>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems with installing 4.4-2001104-STABLE

On Sat, Oct 06, 2001 at 07:11:00PM +0800, Eugene Grosbein wrote:

> Now installation starts. It runs ok, downloads and extracts
> bin distribution (there are still 40M of free disk space, as
> 'df -k' shows at VT4), but sysinstall says it cannot install
> bin distribution and asks to restart downloading. At VT2 I see:

> kernel.GENERIC
> 9440 blocks
> DEBUG: wait for gunzip returned status of -1!
>
> As I can see, there are really no problems and distribution
> is unrolled.

I remebmer now that sysinstall runs gunzip to unzip help files
before I have a chance to activate swapping. And that invocation
fails with signal11 due to lack of free memory. Perhaps,
sysinstall receives status of that first incarnaton of gunzip at this point?
If so, this should be fixed.

Eugene Grosbein