Date:      Wed, 21 Jul 1999 09:09:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Divya Mehra <divya@nttmcl.com>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, divya@nttmcl.com
Subject:   Re: bpf and user PPP ( tun0 )

I invoked the BIOSETIF command before actually reading the the ppp
packets.

1) For tun0 i.e user PPP it returns error "Network down".
   Only after PPP is up can I proceed further ( IPCP phase up). So I could
   not  capture any PPP packets. Is my approach correct ?

   BIOGCGDLT returns DLT_NULL . Is that correct ? should it not be
   returning DLT_PPP ?

2) For ppp0 what should BIOGDLT be returning ?

thanks,
Divya

Divyashikha Mehra              NTT Multimedia Communications Laboratories
Computer Systems Designer                 250 Cambridge Avenue, Suite 205
650-833-3655 (Voice)                            Palo Alto, CA 940040, USA.
                                                mailto : divya@nttmcl.com