Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 2007 15:23:45 -0800
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@freebsd.org>
To:        Zoran Kolic <zkolic@sbb.co.yu>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: documentation iso file

--------------enig739118C6FA4E49ADFF9DB326

If memory serves me right, Zoran Kolic wrote:
> I'd like to know, are documentation iso files for amd64 and i386 arch
> exactly the same? MD5 is different. I have the one for i386. Should I
> get also for amd64 and use it for 64 bit box? In other words, are they
> arch specific?

The content is arch-independent, although there was one ISO image
produced by each architecture's build machine during the
release-building process.

The different MD5 hashes are probably because of different timestamps or
other metadata within the ISO files.

You should be able to use any of the doc ISO files regardless of which
architecture you actually run.

Bruce.