Date:      Thu, 10 Jan 2002 09:56:07 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Dorr H. Clark" <dclark@applmath.scu.edu>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   support for happy lights on PC?

Hi-

Is there any support for happy lights
on PC hardware in FreeBSD?

The purpose would be to implement a watchdog timer
interrupt routine, which would keep the light lit
so if the routine didn't run at all and/or
detected some bad system condition the light
would either change color or go out.

If additional hardware is needed, that's OK,
the only purpose of the question is to avoid
inventing this from scratch if the work already exists.

This is for a system where disk traffic is
not a significant measure of system health.

Please cc me with any answer, since I am not subscribed
to this list.  Thanks in advance for any reply.

-Dorr H. Clark

Santa Clara University