Date:      Tue, 18 Feb 2003 17:02:32 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        "Rogier R. Mulhuijzen" <drwilco@drwilco.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XFree86-4-clients build fails on Xft

--EemXnrF2ob+xzFeB

On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 07:19:32PM -0500, Rogier R. Mulhuijzen wrote:

> I can't seem to get it to build the clients for the life of me. And
> looking at the patch it requires the Xft port and ignores the
> packaged Xft (In 4.2.1). But it seems like the Xft port isn't up to
> snuff for the XFree86 source.

Are you trying to build from the FreeBSD port?  Do you have any
existing XFree86 ports installed (if yes, remove them first).  Is your
ports collection completely up-to-date?

Failing that, please post the actual errors.

> Also, I noticed there are no XFree86 packages for 5.0-R. Which was
> my alternative option...

Yes there are.  They're in the usual place on the FTP servers.

Kris
--EemXnrF2ob+xzFeB

--EemXnrF2ob+xzFeB--