Date:      Mon, 20 Feb 2012 21:52:32 -0600
From:      Antonio Olivares <olivares14031@gmail.com>
To:        Glen Barber <gjb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 8.3-BETA1 no connection how to troubleshoot

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 9:47 PM, Glen Barber <gjb@freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 08:23:34PM -0600, Antonio Olivares wrote:
>> synchronous_dhclient=3D"YES"
>> ifconfig msk0=3D"DHCP"
>>

> Is this copy/pasted?
>
> If so, it's wrong. =A0It should be:
>
> =A0ifconfig_msk0=3D"DHCP"
>
> (Note the lack of a space between 'ifconfig' and 'msk0'.)
>
> Glen

It was a typo :)   I was submitting from other machine.  Commenting
the firewall options in /etc/rc.conf fixes the situation.  I need to
troubleshoot the firewall now :)  Thanks to all who have responded and
came up with ideas to try out.  I did try the netstat command
suggested also.  Saw ipv6 and ipv4 connections.  These gave me trouble
in school network, but here all is well.

Regards,

Antonio