Date:      Tue, 17 Jul 2001 11:08:50 -0400
From:      "Jerry Murdock" <jmurdock@itraktech.com>
To:        "Justin C Sherrill" <justin@shiningsilence.com>, <questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "Gavin Kenny" <gavinkenny@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject:   Re: Recommend a NIC

But I have been bitten twice with situations where RealTek's caused BSODs
under NT. Considering I usually stick with Intel/3com, that's a fairly high
percentage.

The first case was isolated, but reproducible, the second case is a commonly
known issue for iMail (an NT SMTP/POP/IMAP... server) users.

It's probably just a problem with the Windoze driver, and unlikely to affect
FreeBSD,  but the incidents were over a year apart, and the problems went away
with other NICs.

It's not worth the time to deal with problems, so I usually spend the extra
$40 and get Intel for servers.  I'm less picky about workstations.

Jerry