Date:      Thu, 26 Mar 1998 07:41:30 -0600 (CST)
From:      "J.R.S. II" <jrs@Venus.mcs.net>
To:        Adam Frey <fleegle@fred.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hello and Good Day!

> I've been looking into FreeBSD quite heavily, and have actually
downloaded
> it, yet am a little sceptical about installing it just yet (I haven't had
> the time actually). What I'm emailing about is this: I didn't see any
> modems on the FAQs page, in particular, I'm looking for ISDN modem
> information. I've been using ISDN for about 6 months now and am in the
> process of switching over to an external ISDN modem. Can you email me any
> information that would make my life easier at installing an ISDN Internal
> and/or external (preferably both if at all possible) ISDN terminal adapter.

I"m not sure how you want to connect but I use a bay networks netgear
router. I know you said you were looking for a isdn external modem but
I've found both the netgear 200 and 300 series to be good routers for the
price of a isdn modem.  The two routers in the 200 series are glorified
isdn modems and can't do NAT or DHCP (I think) but only cost between 190
and 250.  The one 300 series router does it all snd only cost about 300
but works *GREAT*.  You  can't beat them.

As far as connecting them.  You basically need an Network card(25 or less)
and cable.  Plus you can add more computers later with the addition of a
hub!!  As long as the router is up and FreeBSD knows the correct info
(network address, default gateway, etc.) its as easy as setting up a win
95 box.

JOHN

*       Elocin Solutions    	*
*     Providing Tomorrows       *