Date:      Tue, 29 Oct 1996 03:26:34 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Weird install problems.

> I've seen cases where relabeling disks cause the slice information to
> go away.  In one case this was done via the install program
> completely, and in the other I think it was done with disklabel.

It is an unfortunate side-effect of MAKEDEV to wipe the slice entries
out when making the other disk entries, and sysinstall doesn't know to
remake the device-specific slice entries again in this case, I
suppose.  I can see how it might happen, just not immediately where.
I'll go poking around.

					Jordan