Date:      Thu, 06 May 2010 16:56:36 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>, freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Cc:        adk0212@gmail.com
Subject:   Re: apcupsd port regression from 7x. to 8.x

At 04:40 PM 5/6/2010, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> > 0.003 apcupsd: generic-usb.c:398 Initializing libusb
>
>The FreeBSD LibUSB v0.1 reports the wrong number of busses and devices. I can
>fix this.

Great!

> > 0.003 apcupsd: generic-usb.c:403 Found 0 USB busses
> > 0.007 apcupsd: generic-usb.c:405 Found 0 USB devices
>
>The problem is that the UPS code is designed to attach to the first matching
>device only. LibUSB does not hide devices with drivers already
>attached, which
>I think your utility assumes. You should use:
>
>pidfile, see man pidfile
>
>To create a temporary file with some string which consists of all numbers in
>udev->filename, separated by ".". Or USB LibUSB v.1.0!

I am guessing the program would need to be re-written to use v1.0
?  Thanks for the feedback and help as always!

I also found another work around by the author of the daemon which works great!

http://kroptech.com/mailimport/showmsg.php?msg_id=3665255961&db_name=apcupsd-users

>I've made a small patch, but it won't fix your issue :-(
>
>http://p4web.freebsd.org/@@177865?ac=10
>
>--HPS

Mike Tancsa,                                      tel +1 519 651 3400
Sentex Communications,                            mike@sentex.net
Providing Internet since 1994                    www.sentex.net
Cambridge, Ontario Canada                         www.sentex.net/mike