Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 2000 09:00:01 -0500
From:      Walsh Michael J NPRI <WalshMJ@csd.npt.nuwc.navy.mil>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Persistent user access to floppy, zip, and cd-rom drives

How do I give persistent user (me) access to the floppy, zip, and cd-rom
drives?  I've read in the archives that I can issue the command

# sysctl -w vfs.usermount=1

as root to allow this (which works), but I don't want to have to do this
every time I reboot.  Do I need to build something into the kernel?  I seem
to remember under Linux that I was able to add the argument 'user' to the
fourth column of the fstab file to allow this (which worked), but there
appears to be no equivalent in FreeBSD.