Date:      Thu, 11 Sep 1997 18:02:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb>
To:        chuckr@glue.umd.edu (Chuck Robey)
Cc:        edavis@nas.nasa.gov, FreeBSD-Hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: network programming.

Chuck Robey wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Sep 1997, Eric A. Davis wrote:
>

> > You want tcpdump located at /usr/sbin/tcpdump.
>
> Thanks, that's looks like just the ticket.  I think also I can't wait for
> mail order, I gotta get myself a copy of Stevens tcp book tomorrow, I've
> been told that Volume I is the one I can't delay getting.

	stevens has five books out

	_unix_networking_programming_
		how to program (600+)

	_tcp/ip_illustrated_
	vol1
		why the protocols are the way they are (500+)
	vol2
		4.4BSD-lite source code walk-thru (1000+ pgaes)
		FreeBSD is diverging from this base, slowly
	vol3
		bugs fixes, http, and news (300+)

	_advanced_programming_in_the_unix_enviroment_
		how do signals work?
		signal(), sigaction, reliable signals and so much more ;)

	all are reviewed in the handbook.
jmb