Date:      Sun, 29 Jun 1997 23:50:21 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Wes Peters <softweyr@xmission.com>
To:        Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@giovannelli.it>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, gea@scotty.masternet.it
Subject:   touch screens & FreeBSD

Gianmarco Giovannelli writes:
 > Is there someone that is using succesfully touch screens with freebsd. A
 > friend of mine is planning an information service of about 40 boxes ...
 > But he couldn't find any sources of FreeBSD drivers for any touch screens ,
 > only Linux one, and the software house don't give him the source...
 >
 > So if someone is using touch screens and FreeBSD please email him at :
 >
 > gea@scotty.masternet.it
 >
 > He has to buy the touch screens too, so if you can recomended some models

A quick AltaVista search netted a company in Hong Kong that makes low
cost touchscreens for most 14" monitors.  The model I read about uses
the serial ports, has a "mouse emulation" mode, and even offers an
optional UNIX driver.  See

	http://www.touchscreen.com.hk/touchinf.htm

You may want to assist your friend in using a web search engine as
well.  I found this in one minute by asking AltaVista to search for
"+touch +screen".