Date:      Sun, 17 Jun 2001 12:15:04 -0400
From:      "Drew Derbyshire" <ahd@kew.com>
To:        "Bill Moran" <wmoran@iowna.com>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Stopping / removing vinum segments

---- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Moran" <wmoran@iowna.com>
To: "Drew Derbyshire" <ahd@kew.com>
Cc: <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Sent: Sunday, June 17, 2001 10:36 AM

> I'm a little confused here ... you state below that the system is idle
> and wrong.

Understandable.

The vinum volume was newly created.  newfs had not yet been run.  Therefore,
there was no data and the volume was not being used.

The problem with resetconfig is, if I had another volume which WAS live and
active, the resetconfig would have smoked that as well.

I can't send a vinum ls -r because I did in fact do a a resetconfig this
time.

> First off, is the system mounted?

No.