Date:      Sat, 06 Jan 2007 17:17:24 +0100
From:      Oliver von Bueren <maillist@ovb.ch>
To:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ISDN4BSD by HPS - Some more instructions needed

Hi Hans Petter

That worked great, after getting the newest version by svn and doing a
make help I've seen that you point that out there as well.
Thanks!

For others who perhaps have the same issue, here is the short form of
what I did:

0. svn ... svn://svn.turbocat.net/i4b    # Get the newest version of i4b
by HPS (into a new directory)
1. portupgrade -R asterisk    # Update asterisk for a newer version if
needed
2. make deinstall    # Uninstall (old version of) i4b by HPS with:
3. /usr/src> make update  # Update FreeBSD, in my case to 6.1-RELEASE-p11
4. make buildworld / .... # FreeBSD update process as usual, but without
a reboot yet!
5. i4b/trunk/i4b/FreeBSD.i4b> make S=../src package
6. i4b/trunk/i4b/FreeBSD.i4b> make install
7. i4b/trunk/chan_capi> gmake all install
8. /usr/src> make buildkernel KERNCONF=....   # build the kernel with
i4b configured
9. /usr/src> make installkernel KERNCONF=...   # install kernel
10. reboot
11. /usr/src> make installworld

This is the long run with rebuilding world. If no FreeBSD update is
done, but only i4b, the following should do: 0, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

For anyone not familiar with buildworld please consult the FreeBSD
manual for a more detailed version of it. And for the compile options to
reduce time for re-building the kernel after just a i4b update, see the
help files by HPS.

Oliver