Date:      Wed, 15 Nov 2000 08:20:01 +0300
From:      Igor Roboul <igor@raduga.dyndns.org>
To:        Yavuz Maslak <yavuz@ihlas.net.tr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: a question

On Tue, Nov 14, 2000 at 08:51:45PM +0200, Yavuz Maslak wrote:
> hello
> I use a freebsd4.0 and i have installed samba server (2.0.7)
> How can I use it as a gateway for Netware servers ?
> What shall I do in smb.conf or another ones ?
> if you give me an example configuration for it I would be happy.
> Thanks
> Yavuz Ma?lak
Hello,
Samba does nothing with Netware. Samba is "Windows NT"-like server.
And what do you mean under term "gateway for Netware servers"?
If you wish use FreeBSD in place of Netware server, then look at
mars_nwe port, but while you'll can get good results, I cold not
recommend this for very large networks, because mars_nwe emulates
Netware 3.x

--
Igor Roboul, Unix System Administrator & Programmer @ sanatorium "Raduga",
Sochi, Russia