Date:      Sun, 25 Mar 2001 13:40:40 -0500
From:      Chris <kingsqueak@kingsqueak.org>
To:        Paul Andrews <andrews@powersurfr.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: djbdns

I just kick it off in /etc/rc.local I'm using daemontools and svscan to
run the services so I have the following in rc.local

echo -n "daemontools "
PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin
svscan /service &

A hint, setup svscan first, reboot and test to see if the svscan is
running and works with the /service dir first.  Then as you bring up
each component, dnscache, tinydns, axfrdns etc. you simply link their
dir's into /service and they should start automagically.  Once that is
done, each boot will then start svscan which in turn will start anything
linked into the /service dir that is configured properly.

It's a bit different a methodology the way it all works, but pretty
slick once you get it.  The 'my life with djbdns' site in combination
with the main site docs helps.

* Paul Andrews <andrews@powersurfr.com> [010325 13:25]:
> Looking for some information. I am currently configuring my FreeBSD 4.2 box
> to use djbdns instead of bind. However I have come across a little
> difficulty. The question I have is as follows:
>
> What is the easiest way to configure djbdns and simplest way to have it load
> at startup. Looking through the port there is no startup shell script or any
> real instructions on how to get the program working at startup.
>
> ---
> Paul Andrews
> E-mail: andrews@powersurfr.com

  / //_(_)__  _http://www.kingsqueak.org _/ /__