Date:      Fri, 14 Feb 2003 23:52:01 +0100
From:      Vincent Jardin <vjardin@wanadoo.fr>
To:        net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to get interface's sockaddr_dl with the routing socket ?

> What should the right fix be ?
> I was wondering if
> "ifpaddr = TAILQ_FIRST(&ifp->if_addrhead)->ifa_addr"
> could be added within rt_ifannouncemsg() and rt_ifmsg() just before
> rt_msg1() ?

I have found the solution : rti_info[RTAX_IFP] (ie ifpaddr) should never be
filled with RTM_IFANNOUNCE because RTM_IFANNOUNCE does not support a bitmask
value for rtm_addrs ;-(  (According to me it is a missing feature, maybe a
bug ?)

However, RTM_INFO can support rti_info[RTAX_IFP]. Because I could not get the
interface sockaddr_dl when the interface is announced, I'll wait a RTM_IFINFO
on the routing socket with this patch.
It means that it could remain compatible with the routing socket.

I had this problem when I was testing Zebra on FreeBSD with some dynamic
interfaces.

I am sorry for this problem, I have found alone a fix ;-)

Regards,
  Vincent