Date:      18 Jun 2002 13:00:44 +0200
From:      Martin Klaffenboeck <martin.klaffenboeck@gmx.at>
To:        Patrick O'Reilly <peri@perimeter.co.za>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.5 to 4.6 - effect on X11 ???

Am Di, 2002-06-18 um 12.41 schrieb Patrick O'Reilly:
> Hi all,
>
> I have had 4.5 running, and have now cvsup-ed my 'development' box to
> 4.6.  I understand that with 4.6 the default X11 version has been moved
> up to 4.2.0.  So, does this mean that once I have completed cvsup, make
> world, etc, that all the X11 stuff in the base system is now 4.2.0?

No, there is nothing of X11 based in the base system.  The change
happens only to the default entries.   If you use already 4.2 from the
ports, nothing will happen.  Just a entry in the configuration has
changed.  in 4.5 and lower you had to tell that you want to use x11-4
now you have to tell if you dont want to use x11-4

Martin

--
     Virtuelle Jugendarbeit auf http://create.kleinerdrache.org
            ...  bald kommt ein neues Layout  ...