Date:      Wed, 31 Oct 2001 16:50:19 +0100
From:      "Karel J. Bosschaart" <karelj@wop21.wop.wtb.tue.nl>
To:        luc wastiaux <luc@tt-blackhole.org>
Cc:        Eric Anholt <eanholt@gladstone.uoregon.edu>, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Quake3, DRI

On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 09:05:28PM +0100, luc wastiaux wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 10:59:55AM -0800, Eric Anholt wrote:
> > If found that making a link from /compat/linux/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1 to
> > libGL.so in the directory with quake3 fixed that.
>
> I do not have a /compat/linux/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1 ,
> where should I install it from ?

I installed the linux version of the libraries that I downloaded from
the XFree86 site to replace the (3.3.6) libraries under /compat/linux, but using
the new port by Eric will of course be a lot easier.

> Quake3 also asks for a libMesaVoodooGL.so , where should I link that from
> ?

You don't need it; Quake3 just tries this when it cannot find libGL.

If you get it to work, I'm curious to know if you have sound in Quake3,
because my Quake3 is silent since the pcm megacommit in february 2001.
(And same symptom with Quake3 derivate Return to Castle Wolfenstein).
I decided to have a separate 4.2 installation to have those games with
sound.

Karel.