Date:      Sun, 4 May 2003 11:59:01 -0700
From:      "Derrick Ryalls" <ryallsd@datasphereweb.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: DSL Stability

Jim:

Previously I was able to get an IP, but for some reason I wasn't getting
a router,
so I added the parameter and it worked.  If the parameter is in fact
incorrect,=20
then it was a coincidence that their end started working right after I
added that
line.  I took it out (but haven't rebooted) just to check.

My firewall is open.  I run very few services available to public and
those that
run are secured with tcp rules (qmail) and hosts.allow (ssh, etc).

Bill:

Sorry, forgot natd.  I modified rc.conf to this:
natd_flags=3D"-dynamic -f /etc/natd.conf" and restarted the process.
Perhaps that will help with part of it.

natd.conf:
n sis0
unregistered_only
use_sockets yes
same_ports yes
<port redirects removed>

log yes

Thanks to all for the corrections thus far.

-Derrick