Date:      Sat, 22 Feb 1997 11:48:43 -0400 (AST)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        "Timothy P. Layton, Sr." <tlayton@global-sol.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SQL on FreeBSD ?

On Fri, 21 Feb 1997, Timothy P. Layton, Sr. wrote:

> I am using my FreeBSD 2.15 server for my web and mail site and it has
> performed very well.  I now need to go to the next level and start
> developing databases and be able to access them from the www.
>
> I have seen the MSQL product and was not sure if it would meet the
> requirements or not.  I don't want to go to another platform to be
> able to accomplish this.
>
> If any one else has had experience doing this on FreeBSD I would
> appreciate your input.

	There is also PostgreSQL v6.0, which is another FreeDBMS
that was developed out of Berkeley and is now being maintained/distributed
through http://www.postgresql.org

	I haven't looked into mSQL in a very very long time, so I don't
know what its current SQL support level is at, but when I did use it,
it didn't even come close to what PostgreSQL *was*...and we've been pushing
some *major* feature enhancements through over the past 6months or so.