Date:      Wed, 8 Nov 2000 00:06:08 -0500 (EST)
From:      Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>
To:        Lee J Carmichael <lcarmich@wamnet.com>
Cc:        mac <mac.list@deam.org>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: KNE100TX - Ethernetcard

> In that case it would not have said "de0" I did look at the code, it would
> say "pci0" instead of "de0" so it at least got through the probe portion
> of the code, it probably failed in attach, I guess I just used the wrong
> word... chances are that if someone goes through the code it is probably
> not too hard to make this chip work.

PS, just in case you didn't see, I have the same card and same chip as
this guy, and mine works fine (how do you think I'm accessing the network
now?) chances are there is some sort of hardware misconfiguration, as I
have run into his problem before and when I fiddled with bios (reset
configuration data) it worked fine. Sorry if my previous mail seemed
rude... but I KNOW this guy's card works because it works fine on my
computer... under 4.2-BETA (4.x-STABLE).

Ken