Date:      Wed, 4 Mar 1998 08:19:02 -0600 (CST)
From:      Jim Lowe <james@miller.cs.uwm.edu>
To:        luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it
Cc:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Video ioctl interface

>   this might be a problem :) and the fix is add calls lile
>
>       proc build.meteor1 w { build.meteor w } ;
>       proc build.meteor2 w { build.meteor w } ;
>       proc build.meteor3 w { build.meteor w } ;
>
>   in ui-grabber.tcl

The fix would be to change the code in grabber-meteor.cc from
	char	*nickname_template = "Matrox Meteor %d";
	char	*nickname_template = "meteor-%d";

This will cause the build.meteor to run once if there is a meteor
device found on vic startup.  You can do a similar change for the
BrookTree device.

> - the ui-grabber.tcl you sent me has meteor and bktr panels mapped to
>   slicvideo, but the command names are different so i had to modify
>   them. on top of this there is the aforementioned problem of bt848
>   controls not accessible via the grabber device, and additionaly some
>   signed/unsigned thing which make the luminance and perhaps other
>   controls behave rather oddly.

If I remember correctly I have a clean patch for this somewhere.  I
will try and dig up my changes sometime today and forward them to you.

	-Jim