Date:      Wed, 24 Jun 1998 00:33:18 -0400 (EDT)
From:      ADRIAN Filipi-Martin <adrian@ubergeeks.com>
To:        Eyal Rozenberg <veronica@taux01.nsc.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD install floppy disk image too large

On Tue, 23 Jun 1998, Eyal Rozenberg wrote:

> I've download release 2.2.6's boot.flp from ./floppies and fdimage.exe
> from ./tools ; I tried running it with all possible switch
> configurations, but it keeps telling me my 1.44M floppy is too small.
> Help!

	Well, check that your floppy image is 1474560 bytes in size.  If
it is, then check that your floppy is both completely empty and free of
bad sectors.  Also make sure you are copying the file to the diskette as
a raw image and not as a file within the MS-DOS filesystem.  You need to
use something like rawrite.exe or dd under unix.

	Adrian
--
[ adrian@ubergeeks.com -- Ubergeeks Consulting -- http://www.ubergeeks.com/ ]