Date:      Wed, 16 Aug 1995 03:18:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        hsu@freefall.FreeBSD.org (Jeffrey Hsu)
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Upgrade to my machine

>   By and far, micropolis stood up to this type of ``abuse'' better than
>   anyone, except we keep have this fun little problem with the drives :-)
>
> Well, I'm totally bummed that my Microplis 2217 just died 2 days ago
> and I have yet to recover.  It was my boot drive, my FreeBSD 1.1.5.1
> system, as well as my home directory, which hasn't been back up
> for weeks since FreeBSD 2.0 dump doesn't like converted FreeBSD 1.1.5.1
> partitions.  I'm totally bummed.  Oh well, I just had to get that off
> my chest.  I'm totally bummed.  I'm reduced to typing this message on my
> sister's DOS pc with the modem I moved over from my non-bootable machine.

I am sorry to here this.  But even Micropolis disk drives do fail, every
ones disk drives fail.

You can have some confort in knowing that your Micropolis 2217 should be
backed by a 5 year manufacture warranty, and you may have lost some data,
buy you are not out the money you payed for this drive.  Since that drive
model is only 2.5 years old, it can't be out of warranty yet!

If I can be of assistance to you in contacing Micropolis for an RMA
number, please let me know.  My books show the end user RMA phone line
to be (818) 709-3325.  (really the tech support line).