Date:      Sun, 01 Dec 1996 23:23:23 -0800
From:      John Scharles <johns@cruz.isle.net>
To:        "Allen Hyer" <allenh@wtrt.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: need help with samba and win95

At 12:18 AM 12/2/96 -0600, you wrote:
>I have a box running 2.1.5-Release, and am installing Samba on it.  When
>trying to "see" this box from a win95 client, I have the following problem.
>

>  When I open network neighborhood, the only entry is "entire network".
>When I double click "entire network", I am greeted with the error message
>"unable to browse network".

Sounds like you don't have the workgroups setup correctly.....you should see
your computer name and the others in your workgroup in the Network
neighborhood window. Under entire network you should see your workgroup and
any others in the domain. Try making the workgroup in the network-properties
of win95 and the smb.conf file the same.

>I can right click network neighborhood, select find computer, type in the
>host name, and it will find the box.  I can then double click the host name
>and get the list of shares.
>
>I have been working with the smb.conf file, and have spent time with the
>man pages and the samba web pages, but I can't seem to resolve this
>problem.  Any help is appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>Allen Hyer
>System Administrator