Date:      Fri, 21 Jan 2000 17:15:36 +0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
To:        Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
Cc:        John Hay <jhay@mikom.csir.co.za>, FreeBSD-current <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: make release broken

Wilko Bulte wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 21, 2000 at 09:19:22AM +0200, John Hay wrote:
[..]
> > cp: /usr/src/release/texts/HARDWARE.TXT: No such file or directory
> > *** Error code 1
[..]
> > It looks like the handling of HARDWARE.TXT in release/Makefile is broken.
>
> Duh.. John Polstra is working on cvs-moving i386/HARDWARE.TXT to make
> this file the starting point for the generic HARDWARE.TXT
>
> There were some problems in doing this with cvs
>
> I guess this needs some time to get resolved.

OK, here's the deal..  There is already a texts/HARDWARE.TXT, but it's been
cvs rm'ed from -current.  Since it's in use on 3.4, we can't just clobber
it.

So, if you want to move i386/HARDWARE.TXT up a level you're just going to
have to copy the file and cvs add it in the new location.  This will
"revive" it in -current.  We can't do anything about the lost history in
i386/HARDWARE.TXT.

Well, strictly speaking it can be merged but it's much more painful than
it's worth. :-/  Just re-add the file and lets get on with it.

Cheers,
-Peter