Date:      Mon, 13 Feb 1995 18:47:54 -0600
From:      dungan@utdallas.edu
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Installation

Hello,

I am having problems installing FreeBSD 2.0.

I bought the FreeBSD 2.0 CDROM from Walnut Creek,
and installed it via the instructions provided in
the "INSTALL" file.

I finished the first phase of the install alright.
I got to the "End of initial installation" menu.

I then got to the "Please specify a distribution
to load" menu.  I chose "bindist".  Then chose
to load it from a "CDROM".  I chose a "MITSUMI"
CDROM.

Then I got the error message:

     Unable to mount /dev/mcd0a on /mnt.

Some additional information:

I have a Mitsumi CDROM connected to a SoundBlaster
MCD (Multi CD) sound card.

Also,

The boot screen (console) has the following messages:

mcd0: timeout getting status
mcd0 not found at 0x300
mcd1: Version information is 10 D 2
mcd1: Adjusted for newer drive model
mcd1: type Mitsumi FX001D
mcd1 at 0x340-0x343 irq 11 on isa

Is there any way to tell FreeBSD to look for the CDROM drive
at 0x340 instead of 0x300?

Is there anything else I need to do?

Thank you for any information you can provide me!

Andy Dungan
dungan@utdallas.edu