Date:      Tue, 9 Jan 2007 22:54:11 -0600
From:      "Nikolas Britton" <nikolas.britton@gmail.com>
To:        "Garrett Cooper" <youshi10@u.washington.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: is THIS why the 6.2 release seems stalled ?

On 1/9/07, Garrett Cooper <youshi10@u.washington.edu> wrote:

> Don't know about some of the items, but...
>     -Flash support with Mozilla products is being done through Mozilla's
> ActionScript Engine:
> <http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pressroom/pressreleases/200611/110706Mozilla.html>.
> So, I expect the latest version of Adobe's Flash Player to be supported
> on all Unix platforms to some extent in the future. Sound support will
> be interesting though.

But I use Opera?? And It needs to work with youtube, without crashing
and without install headaches. 'cd /usr/ports/www/flash; make install
clean; exit;' then open browser to youtube.com and go. No library
shuffle or libmap configuring.

>     -Isn't Xen handled by the Xen project and not FreeBSD?

Yes, and they have done their part. Now it's FreeBSD's turn to
integrate the changes needed to the kernel into the kernel to make
Dom0 support work. Linux has it, Solaris has it. NetBSD has it. Mac
has it? FreeBSD does not have it. Server virtualization is the next
big thing and FreeBSD has nothing going for it in this respect... Not
even VMware or any of the other big players works with FreeBSD as a
host OS.

>     Seems like your comment (was related) but off-topic.

It is off-topic... don't really care at this point.