Date:      Tue, 12 Oct 1999 20:19:53 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Ken Wills <kenwills@yahoo.com>
To:        Daniel DAYNES <ddtec@dts.mg>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd & e-mail

> I just put my web site on a web server using freebsd (www.chez.com).
> I developed it with frontpage but unfortunatly this web server doesn't use
> frontage extensions.
> So I've got a problem with a form that must be return to me by e-mail.
> Could you tell me what is the html code I must use in my form to proceed with
> the e-mail ?

The easiest solutution may be to install frontpage extensions on your
web server. They are available for apache, and a version is in ports
(/usr/ports/www/apache-fp). Make sure you understand the security
implications of enabling this :) Check the documentation on Micrsoft's
site and also the docs that come with the extensions (the SERK, I think).

I'm no big fan of frontpage, you could do the same with a CGI script written
in perl, and even if you don't know perl, a few hours with a decent CGI book
would give you the answer. Perl and CGI.pm (a module for perl to do forms etc
are very flexible). Check out http://www.perl.org/ and http://www.CPAN.org/
if you want more details.

Ken