Date:      Wed, 31 May 2006 15:39:32 -0400 (EDT)
From:      doug@safeport.com
To:        Nikolas Britton <nikolas.britton@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: More mergemaster errors

mergemaster -ai -m"."     fails
mergemaster -ai           works

I did something wrong in using -m"." which should be redundant since the pwd was
/usr/src.  Now that I think about it - that was the change because in
mergemaster we have

      :
 SOURCEDIR=${SOURCEDIR:-/usr/src/etc}
      :

I suspect the default used to be /usr/src and the etc was a constant. I am slow
but several 100 or so installs, I got the drill down okay

On Wed, 31 May 2006, Nikolas Britton wrote:

> On 5/31/06, doug@safeport.com <doug@safeport.com> wrote:
> > I did a fresh install from a 6.1 ISO and then used cvsup to get the the latest
> > stable, approximately 17:00 EDT May 30,2006.
> >
> > I did a mergemaster -p at the appropriate spot to add the audit group. I think
>
> The audit group is in 6.1 so why are you doing that??
>
> > buildword complained about the missing group. Then I did:
> >
> >    mergemaster -ai -m "."
> >
> > Processing started normally when it did 11,627 compiles ending with:
> >

> A fresh install of 6.1-RELEASE and then a src upgrade to 6-STABLE?
> Your doing something wrong.
>
> make buildworld
> make buildkernel
> make installkernel