Date:      Fri, 20 Sep 96 00:11:12
From:      bbcat@netonecom.net
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   On Track disk manager.

I have a 1.2GB hard disk and cannot install the slackware version that is available on
Internet. If I put my 170MB hard drive as the second drive I can install Linux on it
and then upgrade to be able to see my first drive which has Dos 6.2 and 3 versions of
OS/2. I want to add a second hard disk and it would then be impossible to have have
Linux because the current installation diskette don't provide any support for my system.
I can't change the controller on my PC which is on the motherboard and I wouln't even
if I could since it works very well with OS/2 and DOS and the extra expense would
be stupid as it would not improve my PC's performance to justify the said expense.

My question: Does FreeBSD has the same restriction and what is the advantage or
disadvantage of FreeBSD versus Slackware.

Michel Catudal
bbcat@netonecom.net