Date:      Tue, 28 Jul 1998 13:26:36 -0700
From:      "Rommy Bastian" <rbh@indosat.co.id>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Bill Jolitz's book

Hi Guru...
Now, I'm trying to understand FreeBSD kernel. For me, the "darkest"
side of the source is the part that use 386 assembly languge,
(the lower side of the kernel). And I heard that Bill Jolitz has a book
that describe it's 386BSD basic kernel, which cover that story.
The book title's "Source Code Secrets : The Basic Kernel (Operating
System Source Code Secrets, Vol 1) ".

My question is :
1. Is this book still  suitable for FreeBSD. I mean that If  I read about,
    how the kernel load to memory, how the system start up, about context
    switch, lower level of memory manager. Is that useful to understand
    FreeBSD way.
2. Is thera any resource in Internet, that I can use to understand that.

Thank you
rommy