Date:      Wed, 22 Nov 2000 13:15:09 -0800 (PST)
From:      Stephen Krauth <stephenk@stephenk.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with LinkSys 10/100 nic && FBSD 4.1?

I can't remember the model name/number of the card I have but the dmesg
info is below.  This card is on my gateway machine, on the internal side
of a NAT network and ever since I bought it to replace an old ISA 10bT
card, I've had troubles.  The NAT clients inside my network sometimes
cannot see the gateway until I log onto the console of the gateway and
ping the client.  Ever seen this?  Should I toss this card and buy another
brand?

dmesg:
dc0: <ADMtek AN985 10/100BaseTX> port 0x6500-0x65ff mem
0xe1004000-0xe10043ff irq 10 at device 18.0 on pci0

uname:
FreeBSD azazel.inside.killermartian.com 4.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.1-RELEASE
#5: Mon Oct  9 10:46:11 PDT 2000
stephenk@beelzebub.inside.killermartian.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/AZAZEL
i386

Steve K.                              U.F.O. - "For the feeler gauge in you."