Date:      Wed, 5 May 1999 16:54:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      wpaul@FreeBSD.ORG (Bill Paul)
To:        dfr@nlsystems.com (Doug Rabson)
Cc:        karp@eecs.harvard.edu, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: code now available: my Lucent 802.11 WaveLAN driver for 3.1R!

> On Wed, 5 May 1999, Brad Karp wrote:
>
> > I'm pleased to announce the availability of the first 802.11 WaveLAN driver for
> > FreeBSD.
>
> Does this have any connection with the WaveLAN driver which Bill Paul just
> committed to FreeBSD-current? If not, you should coordinate your efforts
> with Bill.

Yes this is the same device, however my driver doesn't use any of the
HCF Light code and is therefore uncontaminated by the GPL. It's also much
prettier to look at, if I do say so myself. :)

Don't be too upset though: at least I know there's somebody out there who
can test my driver and tell me if it works right. I have only been able to
test ad-hoc mode since I don't have an access point. If you could test
BSS mode with your equipment, I'd really appreciate it.

-Bill