Date:      Sun, 3 Aug 2014 08:31:57 -0700
From:      Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
To:        Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Instant reboot with New Xorg

On Sun, Aug 03, 2014 at 06:15:06AM +0300, Konstantin Belousov wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 02, 2014 at 07:41:28PM -0700, Steve Kargl wrote:
> >
> > laptop-kargl.apl.washington.edu dumped core - see /var/crash/vmcore.1
> >
> > Sat Aug  2 19:22:11 PDT 2014
> >
> > FreeBSD laptop-kargl.apl.washington.edu 11.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT #0 r269385: Fri Aug  1 10:39:21 PDT 2014     root@laptop-kargl.apl.washington.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MOBILE  i386
> >
> > panic: make_dev_credv: bad si_name (error=17, si_name=dri/card0)
>
> Errno 17 is EEXISTS, since it comes from the devfs node instantiation,
> I am almost sure that you have both drm and drm2 in your kernel. Most
> likely, drm is compiled in or loaded as module at boot time, while drm2
> is loaded by X server on initialization.

I've discovered that it is not possible to build a kernel
with drm2 and i915kms.  At least the somewhat obvious guess
of adding "device drm2" and "device i915kms" to my config
file yields

% make buildkernel
config: Error: device "drm2" is unknown
config: Error: device "i915kms" is unknown
config: 2 errors
*** Error code 1

Unfortunately, neither drm2 nor i915kms appear to have
been documented.

--
Steve