Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 1995 07:34:33 -0700
From:      David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
To:        Robert Withrow <witr@rwwa.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Update: 2.0.5 scrambled filesystems.

>>    Yeah, try not mounting your dos filesystem and see if that makes any
>> difference.
>
>Bingo!  What gives?  How does reading from the /dos filesystem clobber
>the /usr filesystem?  Does this bug show up on all systems?  Shouldn't

   Um, well, if we knew it was *that* broken, I suppose. I don't really know
why it is clobbering things, but a quick guess would be that it is using
old vnodes that have been reclaimed...but I really have no idea. We've known
that msdosfs is broken for sometime - but not in this particular way. "Oh
well". :-)

-DG