Date:      Wed, 31 Jan 2001 12:34:54 -0800
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        John Reynolds~ <jreynold@sedona.ch.intel.com>, Beau <beau@dentedreality.com.au>, doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BSD Documentation

On Wed, Jan 31, 2001 at 01:32:59AM +0000, Nik Clayton wrote:
> However, people don't seem to be noticing this, nor do they notice the
> text at the front of the Handbook, and other docs, which explains this
> as well.  At this point, I'd welcome suggestions for ways to make this
> information more obvious.

I think this is a layout problem.  I never remember to read that
paragraph at the top when I'm looking for the list.  It's just too well
hidden is a bunch of stuff that just screams "I'm a bunch of legal BS
you don't want to read!"  More obvious delimitation from the legal stuff
would certaintly help though I'm not sure how to do it.  On option would
be to take an idea from a number of FAQs and add a section 0 to the
document with meta information like legal stuff, where to get other
versions, etc.

-- Brooks