Date:      Wed, 22 Nov 2000 13:27:09 -0800 (PST)
From:      Ian Thomas <ipthomas_77@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

 I have been trying to get an Ensoniq 1371 chip PCI
card working on my FreeBSD version 3.2
 I have turned off pnp os enabled in the BIOS, added
pcm0 with pci substituted for isa value as stated in
the LINT file.  My dmesg gives me no pcm device on
bootup.
When I do make I get this, ../../pci/es1370.c:150:
warning: initialization from incompatible pointer
type, but, make finishes with no errors.
I did get the patch for the 1371 chip from
ftp.thebarn, but I am not able to install it.  What
commands would I use.  I have tried sh and then the
file name, and patch and then the file name.
Neither has worked.  Patch command just sits there,
and sh gives me some RCS errors along with cannot find
es1371.patch, even though the file is right there.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Everything
else on this system works great.

Ian