Date:      Tue, 25 Apr 2000 20:45:32 -0500
From:      bwwolter <bwolter@students.depaul.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   boot problems

hi,

	i'm having trouble installing (or should i say booting) freeBSD 4.0.
The installation process seems to work properly.  The filesystems all
appear to have been written to my hard disk and i recieve a message
confirming that my installation has been successfully completed, yet
upon rebooting the system the boot manager cannot find the proper boot
image.  it recognizes the freeBSD partition, but says that it cannot
find any operating system.  if anyone could offer some advice it would
be much appriciated.

	btw, if it's any help, i have installed freeBSD to coexist with a Linux
distribution (SuSE).  perhaps this is the root of the problem?  at any
rate, any help would be much appriciated.

thanks,
brian