Date:      Sat, 06 Jul 1996 16:24:25 +0100
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Ulf Schmidt <us@microtronic.de>
Cc:        Question freeBSD <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: HELP: 3COM Etherlink III

Ulf Schmidt wrote in message ID
<Pine.BSF.3.91.960706154234.16771C-100000@ns.microtronic.de>:
> Hi Gary,
> thanks for the _fast_ answer. Is it enough to get the boot image from the
> 2.1.0-SNAP, or do I have to download the complete new distribution?
> And how good are the chances of 2.1.5 being released in the next 14 days?

In reverse order:

2.1.5-RELEASE should (note: SHOULD) be out in the next week, if the
remaining niggling problems with the install s/w can be ironed
out. Almost everything else is ready to roll (there are some niggles
in the ports too, but they should be ironed out by the end of the
weekend).

To reply to your query about the boot floppy, you possibly COULD do
that (I believe there is a feature which allows you to specify where
to get the data from), but it'll mean that you'll end up with an
installed system which still doesn't have the if_vx ethernet driver
(the installed kernel comes from the bin dist as the kernel on the
 boot floppy is quite badly ``mangled'' to make it a boot floppy). So
you'd probably be better waiting to see if we can get 2.1.5 out this
week as planned.

Gary