Date:      Tue, 16 Jul 2002 13:09:53 +0400
From:      Kirill Bezzubets <kirill@solaris.ru>
To:        "Vladimir B.  Grebenschikov" <vova@sw.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Nokia 6210 + birda + gnokii

On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 12:17:15PM +0400, Vladimir B.  Grebenschikov wrote:

> There are birda port, which is (IMHO) more or less similar to Linux
> kernel driver.

Actually, it's userland interface and it doesn't use sockets,
like Linux and Win32 IrDA. ;(

> Really I am not sure that it is possible to switch IrDA mode (AT*
> commands) into plain Infrared protocol (like 61xx) or like, it is does
> via Serial (two protocols: AT* at 19200 and gnokii* at 9600)

That's an idea, thank you -
I'm gonna try to patch gnokii to act like it uses Serial
but with IrDA media type in packet's header -
I've tried it before but never got any replies from the phone.
Maybe thing I've missed is the correct speed.

Again, thanks.

--
BR,
Kirill Bezzubets                                CASE-RIPE CASE-RIPN