Date:      Tue, 12 Sep 2000 18:06:58 +0000
From:      rob <europax@home.com>
To:        keith@mail.telestream.com
Cc:        "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@nwlink.com>, "Frederick J Polsky v1.0" <fred@fredbox.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD guide for Linux admins

I'm relatively new to FreeBSD, but have used SuSE Linux for a long
time.  I got fed up with the library situation in Linux.  I would try to
upgrade a package, and find I needed a new version of libraries.  I
would install the new library and find 10 applications that wouldn't
work because the libaries were too new.

I really like the ports.  I used to hardly ever compile packages in
Linux.  A week or so I did my first make world. Try something like that
with Linux!  So my old Linux box now has OpenBSD on it (sorry, but I
just wanted to see what it is all about:)  I will keep FreeBSD on this
laptop.  Rob.